Grilled Sweet Potatoes with Scallions
Everyday Food, July/August 2003
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 45 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Heat grill to medium. Peel sweet potatoes, and cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Toss potatoes in a large bowl with oil, thyme, and cayenne pepper; season with salt and black pepper.
- Grill potatoes, turning frequently, until tender when pierced with the tip of a paring knife, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Return grilled potatoes to bowl; add butter, and break potatoes into large pieces with the side of a spoon. Toss in scallions, and serve.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.