Linguine with Spring Vegetables
Get an instant taste of spring with this one-pot pasta. In 20 minutes, you'll have linguine in a silky sauce with crisp-tender asparagus and snap peas.
Everyday Food, March 2009
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3/4 pound linguine
- 1 pound asparagus (tough ends removed), cut into 1-inch lengths
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise (quartered if large) and thinly sliced
- 4 ounces sugar snap peas (stem ends trimmed), halved
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon leaves
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta 4 minutes short of al dente; add asparagus, zucchini, and snap peas. Cook until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water; drain pasta mixture, and set aside.
- In the same pot, bring cream and butter to a simmer. Toss in pasta mixture and enough pasta water to create a thin sauce (it will thicken as it stands). Season with salt and pepper, and top with tarragon.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.