Boston Lettuce Salad with Celery
Enliven a lettuce salad with crisp celery.
Everyday Food, March 2009
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 10 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar or red-wine vinegar
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 large head Boston lettuce (about 1 pound), torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, shallot, Dijon, and honey; season with salt and pepper. Add lettuce and celery; toss to coat.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.