Asian Carrot Slaw
A vegetable peeler shaves carrots into crisp ribbons, ideal for this elegant salad.
Everyday Food, March 2009
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 15 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 3/4 pound carrots, peeled and shaved with a vegetable peeler
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted if desired
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest, plus 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- In a bowl, combine carrots, scallions, vinegar, oil, sesame seeds, and lime zest and juice. Season with salt and pepper, and toss to combine.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.