These salty-sweet drop cookies stay fresh for up to a week.
Holiday Cookies 2005, Special Issue Holiday 2005
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups packed light-brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup salted whole peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Stir together flour, salt, and baking soda in a small bowl; set aside. Put butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment; mix on medium speed until pale and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Mix in egg and vanilla. Reduce speed to low. Gradually add flour mixture; mix until combined. Stir in peanuts.
- Drop 2 teaspoons of dough on baking sheets lined with parchment paper, spacing about 3 inches apart. Lightly flatten to 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Bake cookies, rotating sheets halfway through, until edges are just golden, about 13 minutes. Let cool on sheets on wire racks. Cookies can be stored in airtight containers at room temperature up to 1 week.
Cookies can be stored in airtight containers at room temperature up to 1 week.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.