- 1 pound baby bok choy (4 to 6 heads)
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 peeled apple, cut into matchsticks
- 2 large shredded carrots
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon finely grated peeled fresh ginger
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Halve baby bok choy lengthwise; rinse under cold water to remove grit. Cut crosswise into thin strips; place in a large colander, and sprinkle with coarse salt. Toss to coat. Top with a plate that fits inside colander; weight with a heavy object (such as a skillet or canned goods). Set aside in sink to drain.
- In a large bowl, mix apple, carrots, lemon juice, vegetable oil, and peeled fresh ginger. Add bok choy; season with coarse salt and ground pepper. Toss.
Bok choy has a mild, sweet flavor, crisp stalks, and tender leaves. ItÄôs rich in vitamin C, calcium, and folic acid.