You can make this tart ruby-red relish up to three days ahead of the feast.
Everyday Food, November 2007
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Serves 8
- 1 bag (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar or red-wine vinegar
- In a large saucepan, bring cranberries, sugar, ginger, and 2 tablespoons water to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until most of the cranberries have popped, 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in vinegar.
- Remove relish from heat. Let cool to room temperature, and serve.
Refrigerate in an airtight container up to 3 days.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.