Baked Brie with Pecans
Toasted pecans and maple syrup complement the creamy Brie in this hors d'oeuvre. For the best texture, let the cheese cool before topping it with the syrup mixture.
This recipe is by Everyday Food reader Kathy Quinn of Montclair, New Jersey.
Everyday Food, November 2007
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 45 minutes
- Yield Serves 8
- 1 small wheel of Brie or Camembert (about 9 ounces)
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces
- 3 tablespoons light-brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- crackers or sliced baguette, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place cheese on a rimmed baking sheet; bake until softened, 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer to a serving plate; cool about 20 minutes.
- While cheese cools, place nuts on a clean baking sheet; bake until toasted and fragrant, 7 to 10 minutes. Sprinkle nuts over cheese.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and maple syrup. Bring to a boil over medium heat; simmer until foamy, 1 to 2 minutes. Drizzle warm sauce over slightly cooled cheese and nuts; serve with crackers or baguette.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.