If you don't have a julienne peeler, simply slice the carrots into ribbons with a vegetable peeler, then cut the ribbons into long, thin strips.
The Martha Stewart Show, January Winter 2008
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 30 minutes
- Serves 6
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/2 head green cabbage (1 1/2 pounds), cut lengthwise into thirds and thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 medium carrots, sliced with a julienne peeler or a vegetable peeler
- 2 medium scallions, minced
- In a medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, vinegar, and sugar; season with salt and pepper. Add cabbage, carrots, and scallions; mix to combine. Let stand at least 15 minutes at room temperature to soften cabbage, or cover and refrigerate up to 1 day.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.