Everyday Food, June 2009
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 3/4 cup plain dried breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 flaked 6-ounce fillets Simple Poached Salmon (http://www.marthastewart.com/285588/simple-poached-salmon)
- Yogurt Sauce with Herbs and Apple (http://www.marthastewart.com/261935/yogurt-sauce-with-herbs-and-apple)
- In a medium-size nonstick skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium-high. Add onion, finely chopped, and season with coarse salt and ground pepper. Cook until onion is tender, 3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and let cool. Stir in 1/4 cup breadcrumbs, egg, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Gently fold in poached salmon.
- Season 1/2 cup plain dried breadcrumbs with salt and pepper. Divide salmon mixture into 8 portions and dredge in breadcrumbs. Form into 3/4-inch-thick cakes, patting crumbs to adhere.
- In a medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium. In two batches, cook salmon cakes until golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes per side, adding 1 tablespoon oil for second batch. Serve with yogurt sauce.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.