Egg-White Omelet with Goat Cheese
For a healthy start, try this egg-white omelet with goat cheese.
Everyday Food, January/February 2005
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 10 minutes
- Serves 1
- 1/2 cup egg whites (from about 4 eggs)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 heaping tablespoon crumbled goat cheese
- 2 to 3 tablespoons prepared salsa
- In a medium bowl, whisk egg whites with 1 tablespoon water; season with coarse salt and ground pepper.
- Heat olive oil in an 8-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add egg whites to skillet; cook until nearly set, using a flexible heatproof spatula to repeatedly pull in sides of omelet to allow uncooked egg to run underneath, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle crumbled goat cheese and prepared salsa over the top. Gently slide omelet onto serving plate, folding it over by tipping skillet slightly.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.