White Bean Salad
The herbs in this dish can be changed to best complement whatever your main course is; try mint if served with lamb, dill with fish, and basil with roast chicken.
From the book "Mad Hungry," by Lucinda Scala Quinn (Artisan Books).
Mad Hungry, March 2011
- 3 15-ounce cans cannellini beans
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped or torn fresh dill, mint, or basil (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 recipe Rose's Vinaigrette (http://www.marthastewart.com/258208/roses-vinaigrette)
- 3 scallions (green party only), finely sliced
- Combine the beans in a large bowl with the red onion, parsley, optional herb of choice, salt, and pepper.
- Slowly stir in the dressing to taste. Garnish with the scallions. Serve immediately or refrigerate. The salad will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.