Everyday Food, September 2003
- Prep Time 15 Minutes
- Total Time 35 Minutes
- Yield Makes 2 dozen
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 12 graham crackers
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup light-brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread 1 cup each chopped pecans and shredded sweetened coconut on baking sheet; bake until golden, 5 minutes. Cool; toss with 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips.
- Line a 10-by-15-inch rimmed baking sheet with foil. Break 12 graham crackers in half; fit in pan in single layer.
- In saucepan, whisk 12 tablespoons unsalted butter and 1/2 cup light-brown sugar over medium until smooth; spread over crackers.
- Bake until bubbly, 10 minutes. Sprinkle with nut topping; press gently. Cool; break into pieces.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.