Sauteed Beets and Greens
Per serving: 88 calories; 3.6 grams fat; 2.3 grams protein; 13.2 grams carbohydrates; 3.2 grams fiber.
Everyday Food Fresh Flavor Fast, 2010
- Prep Time 30 minutes
- Total Time 1 hour 30 minutes
- Serves 4
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large minced shallot
- 1 cup beet greens, thinly sliced, stemmed
- 1 recipe Basic Roasted Beets (http://www.marthastewart.com/285349/basic-roasted-beets)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- Coarse salt
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add shallot; cook until tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Add beet greens; cook, stirring often, until wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Add basic roasted beets, cut into 1/2-inch wedges, and fresh rosemary. Season with coarse salt. Cook, stirring, until beets are just heated through, 2 to 4 minutes.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.