Chicken with Tomatoes, Olives, and Cilantro
Chicken breasts get bold bursts of flavor from a zesty topping of cherry tomatoes, lime juice, cilantro, and green olives. Serve this dish with rice or a simple green salad and crusty bread.This recipe is from the cookbook "Everyday Food: Fresh Flavor Fast."
Everyday Food Fresh Flavor Fast, 2010
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (1 1/2 to 2 pounds)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 onion, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup pitted green olives, halved
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup packed fresh cilantro
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-low. Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper, and cook until lightly browned and just cooked through, turning once, 10 to 15 minutes. Transfer to a plate; cover loosely with aluminum foil.
- Raise heat to medium; cook onion, stirring occasionally, until softened, 5 to 7 minutes. Add tomatoes and olives; cook until tomatoes soften and release their juice, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in lime juice and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper. Serve chicken topped with tomato mixture.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.