Peppermint Hot Chocolate
Everyday Food, December 2006
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 quart milk
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips (3 ounces)
- 7 peppermint sticks; 3 crushed (1/4 cup), 4 left whole
- pinch of salt
- Place cocoa in a medium saucepan. Gradually whisk in milk until cocoa has dissolved. Add chocolate chips and crushed peppermint; simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until chocolate and peppermint have melted, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Bring to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Add salt. Ladle into mugs; serve each with a peppermint stick.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.