Baked Acorn Squash with Brown Sugar
Everyday Food, October 2003
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 1 hour
- Yield Serves 4
- 2 tablespoons butter, plus more for surface
- 2 medium acorn squash, (about 1 1/2 pounds each)
- 2 tablespoons light-brown sugar
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Generously butter a rimmed baking sheet.
- Halve squash crosswise. Scoop out seeds; discard. Slice a small piece off bottom of each squash half just enough to level.
- Set squash halves, scooped sides down, on prepared sheet. Bake until golden, 20 to 25 minutes. Turn squash; prick insides all over with a fork. Divide 2 tablespoons butter and sugar among halves; season with salt and pepper. Continue to bake until flesh is easily pierced with the tip of a paring knife, 25 to 30 minutes. Serve warm.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.