Ne Plus Ultra Cookies
Nothing better, indeed: Oversize and dense with chocolate chips, raisins, pecans, and more, these chunky cookies might just be the ultimate.
Holiday Cookies 2005, December 2005
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, (1 stick), softened
- 2/3 cup packed dark-brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Put butter and sugars in the bowl of
an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment; mix
on medium speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add
vanilla and eggs; mix until well combined.
- Sift flour, salt, and baking soda into a medium bowl; add to butter mixture on low speed until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips, raisins, and pecans.
- Roll dough into 2 1/2-inch balls, then flatten to 1-inch thick.
Transfer to baking sheets lined with parchment. Bake cookies until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Let cool on sheets on wire racks. Cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature up to 3 days.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.