- 16 ears yellow corn
- 4 tablespoons butter, (cut into small pieces)
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- Tortilla chips, (optional)
- Lime wedges, (optional)
- Scallions, sliced, (optional)
- Remove husks and silks from corn. Holding ears in a large bowl, slice off kernels (to yield about 10 cups). When slicing corn from cobs, work in a deep bowl to catch the kernels and any juices. In two batches, puree kernels and accumulated juices with a total of 2 cups water until chunky.
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, cook pureed corn, butter, 4 cups water, and salt until butter is melted and soup is heated through, 5 minutes.
- Serve hot, garnished with tortilla chips, lime wedges, and sliced scallions, as desired.
Let cool, then freeze in individual servings; reheat over medium-low (or in microwave).