Yellow-Tomato Salsa Verde
This salsa goes well with grilled or broiled chicken, pork, seafood, or beef.
Everyday Food, July/August 2009
- 1 pound yellow or red tomatoes
- 1/2 medium white onion
- 1 jalapeno chile
- 1 garlic clove (skin on)
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- Heat a large skillet over high. Add tomatoes, onion, jalapeno, and garlic; cook, turning occasionally, until vegetables are charred on all sides, 20 to 30 minutes (garlic will be done after 10 minutes).
- Peel garlic. (For less heat, halve and seed jalapeno.) Cut tomatoes, onion, and jalapeno into chunks and place in a blender. Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.