Blueberry Bonanza Bars
An almond crust is spread with blueberry jam and topped with crumbles of homemade granola.
Holiday Cookies 2005, Holiday 2005
- Vegetable-oil cooking spray
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, cold, cut into pieces
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups blueberry jam
- Almond-Coconut Granola (http://www.marthastewart.com/281262/almond-coconut-granola)
- Line a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with foil, allowing a 2-inch overhang. Coat with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Process almonds in a food processor until finely ground. Add flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt; pulse to combine. Add butter; process until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Lightly beat egg, egg yolk, and vanilla in a small bowl. With processor running, add egg mixture; process just until clumps form. Pat dough into bottom of dish; refrigerate until firm and cold, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prick dough all over with a fork. Bake until edges are golden, about 25 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack.
- Spread jam over crust; top with granola. Bake until jam is bubbling and granola topping is browned, about 30 minutes. Let cool on wire rack. Lift out, and cut into 2-inch squares.
Bars can be stored in airtight containers at room temperature up to 1 day, or frozen up to 1 week.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.