Fig Jelly Flavoring
Martha Stewart Living, December/January 1995/1996
- 6 ounces dried figs, (about 10), chopped medium fine
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- Place figs in a small saucepan, add wine and pepper, and cover. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium low, and cook for 15 minutes, until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Transfer to the bowl of a food processor, and puree. Transfer to a bowl, and stir in vanilla.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.