Unlike the gluely topping you find in a can, this one is made with fresh berries that are cooked down to a syrup; a touch of lemon juice cuts the sweetness.
Photography: Kenji Toma
Source: Martha Stewart Living, August 2007
- Yield Makes enough for 1 cheesecake
- 1 1/2 pints (3 cups) blueberries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a simmer, and cook until berries break down, about 4 minutes. Let cool, then refrigerate, covered, until cold (or up to 3 days).
© 2015 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.