Chickpea Pimiento Crostini
Holiday Party Foods 2003, Special Issue 2003
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1 can (15 1/2 ounces) chickpeas, drained
- 3 tablespoons pimientos, finely chopped, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, plus leaves for garnish
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Crostini (http://www.marthastewart.com/285519/crostini)
- Process garlic in the bowl of a food processor until finely chopped. Add chickpeas; pulse until crushed but not pureed, 7 to 8 pulses. Transfer to a small bowl. Add pimientos, olive oil, cumin, and parsley; stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place about 1 tablespoon mixture on top of each crostini. Garnish with a parsley leaf and a slice of pimiento, and serve.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.