Mustard Greens and Onions
Martha Stewart Living, October 2001
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 pounds mustard greens, washed and cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- In a large high-sided skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add diced onion, and saute until translucent and beginning to brown, about 6 minutes. Add the prepared mustard greens, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Toss until greens are just wilted, adding more greens as they will fit into the pan. Toss with lemon juice just before serving.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.