Apple, Endive, and Grape Salad
Japanese Fujis are large with a firm, very sweet flesh. Unlike other apples, their taste actually improves with age. Fujis are good for snacking or cooking.
Everyday Food, October 2005
- Prep Time 25 minutes
- Total Time 25 minutes
- Serves 6
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup lowfat buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 Fuji apples, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 pounds Belgian endive (4 to 6), halved lengthwise, trimmed, and cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups seedless green grapes, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans, broken into pieces
- In a large bowl, whisk together sour cream, buttermilk, and vinegar; season generously with salt and pepper.
- Cut apple slices in half crosswise; add to bowl along with endives, grapes, and pecans. Toss to combine. Serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.