Martha Stewart Living, July/August 1999
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 vanilla bean, split and scraped
- 8 (about 1 pint) scoops pistachio ice cream
- 1 cup Strawberry Sauce Strawberry Sauce to Make 1 1/2 Cups (http://www.marthastewart.com/285379/strawberry-sauce)
- 1/4 cup pistachios, shelled and chopped
- Make vanilla whipped cream: In a medium bowl, whip heavy cream and vanilla-bean seeds until soft peaks form.
- Place 2 scoops pistachio ice cream in each of four dishes. Pour 1/4 cup strawberry sauce over each sundae, and top each with a dollop of whipped vanilla cream. Sprinkle with chopped pistachios, and serve.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.