Cranberry Sauce with Dried Figs
This cranberry sauce with dried Calimyrna figs has a chutney like texture. A little red wine makes the sauce rich in flavor and ruby red in color.
Martha Stewart Living, November Holiday 2003
- 1 bag fresh or frozen (thawed) cranberries
- 5 ounces dried Calimyrna figs, halved (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup dry red wine or cranberry juice
- In a small saucepan, combine all the ingredients; cook over low heat until most of the cranberries have burst, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer cranberry sauce to a small bowl. Let cool; cover, and refrigerate up to 3 days. Let stand at room temperature, 30 minutes, before serving.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.