Pink-Grapefruit and Avocado Salad
Choose heavy, undamaged avocados. One that yields slightly to pressure is best for slicing and dicing; if pressure leaves a small indentation, the avocado is best mashed. Avoid very soft avocados, as they will be overripe and unusable.
Everyday Food, December 2004
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 15 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 2 pink grapefruits
- 2 heads Boston lettuce, torn
- 1 sliced avocado
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white-wine vinegar
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Use a sharp knife to cut skin (and white pith) from grapefruits; cut into segments, reserving juice.
- Place lettuce in a large bowl with avocado. Drizzle with 1 to 2 tablespoons reserved grapefruit juice, olive oil, and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper; toss gently. Top with grapefruit segments.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.