Tortellini Soup with Escarole
Everyday Food, October 2003
- 3 cans (14.5 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 small head escarole, cleaned, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 pound cheese tortellini
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a large stockpot, combine chicken stock, 2 cups water and bay leaf. Bring to a boil. Add escarole, and cook, stirring constantly, until wilted, about 15 seconds.
- Add tortellini, and cook until they float to the top, 4 to 5 minutes. Discard bay leaf, and season soup with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.