Beef Tortellini with Arugula and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Arugula has a fresh, peppery flavor that pairs well with the sweet tomatoes.
Everyday Food, March 2007
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 15 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 1 1/2 pounds frozen beef tortellini (from two 1-pound bags)
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 bunches arugula (12 ounces total), washed well and torn into large pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Cook pasta and tomatoes in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente, according to package instructions. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water. Drain pasta mixture, and return to pot.
- Add arugula and butter to pasta. Toss, adding reserved pasta water a little at a time to create a thin sauce that coats tortellini (you may not need all the water). Season with salt and pepper; toss to combine. Serve.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.