- 4 cups 30-Minute Chili (http://www.marthastewart.com/281160/30-minute-chili)
- 1 bag (16 ounces) fresh or frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed if frozen
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded (1 cup)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 425, with rack set in upper third. Divide chili among four individual baking dishes (10 to 12 ounces each). Set aside.
- Place potatoes in a double layer of paper towels; squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, cheese, and cilantro; season with salt and pepper. Scatter potato mixture over chili. Place baking dishes on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until potatoes are golden brown and chili is bubbling, 20 to 25 minutes. Serve.
You can also make this in a 2-quart baking dish. Bake in an oven heated to 425 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes. Cover with aluminum foil if the top browns too quickly.