Easiest Spaghetti and Meatballs
No pasta's more iconic than spaghetti and meatballs, and now, it's a breeze to make -- the meatballs simmer right in the sauce.
Everyday Food, March 2009
- Prep Time 30 minutes
- Total Time 30 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large egg
- 1 pound ground beef chuck
- 1/4 cup plain dried breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes in puree
- 3/4 pound spaghetti
- Set a large pot of salted water to boil. In a bowl, combine Parmesan, parsley, garlic, egg, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper. Add beef and breadcrumbs; mix gently. Form into 16 balls.
- In a 5-quart Dutch oven or heavy pot, heat oil over medium. Add meatballs, and cook, turning occasionally, until browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Add tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer; cover partially, and cook, stirring occasionally, until meatballs are cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta until al dente. Drain, and return to pot; add meatballs and sauce, and toss gently. Serve with Parmesan.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.