- 3/4 pound skinless salmon fillet
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 Vidalia onion, very thinly sliced
- 1/2 seedless cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon nonpareil or very small capers, rinsed and drained
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place salmon on a rimmed baking sheet; season with salt and pepper. Bake just until opaque throughout, 8 to 10 minutes. Using a fork, gently flake fish into bite-size pieces; let cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, and honey. Season with salt and pepper. Add salmon, onion, cucumber, and capers; toss to combine. Serve immediately, or refrigerate up to 4 hours.
For the easiest prep: After cutting the onion in half lengthwise through the root, remove the skin. Place cut side down and, with a chef's knife, thinly slice.