Meatloaf Burgers With Quick Ketchup
Serve the meatloaf patties on toasted buns with sliced red onion and Boston lettuce.
Everyday Food, May/June 2003
- Prep Time 30 minutes
- Total Time 30 minutes
- Serves 4
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons crushed tomatoes in sauce or ketchup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
For the Ketchup
- 1/2 cup crushed tomatoes in sauce
- 1 1/4 teaspoons light-brown sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons cider vinegar
- Pinch of ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Brush a baking sheet with oil; set aside. Make the burgers: In a medium bowl, mix beef, onion, parsley, breadcrumbs, egg, tomatoes, mustard, Worcestershire, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper with your hands, just until combined. Do not overmix.
- Divide beef mixture into 4 equal portions. Form each portion into a 4-inch patty. Place on prepared baking sheet. Transfer to oven; bake, flipping patties once, until cooked through, about 14 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the ketchup: In a small saucepan over medium heat, stir together tomatoes, brown sugar, vinegar, and cloves. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until thickened, 2 to 3 minutes. Spoon ketchup over meatloaf burgers, and serve.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.