Soy-Marinated Flank Steak
Serve with Tomato Salad with Olives and Lemon Zest or Marinated Zucchini with Mint.
Everyday Food, July/August 2009
- Prep Time 25 minutes
- Total Time 25 minutes, plus marinating
- Yield Serves 6
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 flank steak (about 2 pounds)
- Vegetable oil, for grates
- In a 9-by-13-inch baking dish, whisk together soy sauce, sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire, mustard, red-pepper flakes, and pepper. Place steak in dish and cover dish tightly with plastic wrap. Swirl dish so that marinade coats the top of steak. Refrigerate 1 to 2 hours, turning steak occasionally.
- Heat grill to high. Remove steak from marinade, letting excess drip off. Pour marinade into a saucepan and simmer over medium-high heat until reduced by half, about 10 minutes.
- Clean and lightly oil hot grates. Grill steak, covered, 6 minutes; turn, brush with glaze, and grill until medium-rare, 6 minutes more. Let rest 8 to 10 minutes before slicing.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.