Smoked Trout on Toast with Tomato Salad
Everyday Food, July 2009
- 1 toasted slice country bread
- 1/3 cup Neufchatel cream cheese
- 1/3 cup flaked, smoked trout (2 ounces)
- Red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 large fresh basil leaves, torn
- Top country bread with cream cheese, trout, red onion, and ground pepper.
- Place halved tomatoes beside toast. Season with coarse salt and ground pepper, drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil, and top with torn basil leaves.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.