White-Bean Salad with Zucchini and Parmesan
White beans add heartiness while chopped zucchini adds crunch to this delicious vegetarian salad.
Everyday Food, July/August 2006
- 2 cans (15 1/2 ounces each) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 pound zucchini (about 2 small), trimmed, quartered lengthwise, and thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 4 ounces green beans, trimmed and thinly sliced on the diagonal (3/4 cup)
- 2 ounces fresh Parmesan cheese, crumbled (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- Grated zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- In a medium bowl, place cannellini beans, zucchini, green beans, Parmesan, basil, lemon zest and juice,
and oil; season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
Small zucchini are sweeter than larger ones, especially when used raw.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.