Use to make Potato-Wrapped Halibut.
The Martha Stewart Show, September 2010
Yield Makes about 1 1/2 cups
- 1 cup dry red wine, such as cabernet sauvignon
- 1/2 cup red-wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons minced shallots
- Pinch sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- Coarse salt
- Place wine, vinegar, shallots, and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil and immediately reduce to a simmer; cook until liquid is reduced to 2 to 3 tablespoons, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and slowly whisk in butter, a few pieces at a time, until fully incorporated. Season with salt and serve warm.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.