Lemon-Thyme Green Beans
Everyday Food, October 2006
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 15 minutes
- Serves 4
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds green beans, ends trimmed
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (from about 1 lemon)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, plus more for garnish (optional)
- In a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid, bring 1/2 inch water to a boil; salt generously.
- Add green beans; reduce to a simmer, and cover skillet. Steam beans, tossing occasionally, until crisp-tender, 6 to 10 minutes.
- Pull lid back slightly, and tilt skillet to drain water from green beans; add lemon juice, butter, and thyme. Season with salt and pepper, and toss to melt butter. Serve green beans garnished with additional thyme, if desired.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.