Curried Lamb Kabobs with Cherry Tomatoes and Red Onions
Martha Stewart Living, August
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup loosely packed mint leaves, chopped
- 2 pounds lamb shoulder, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes, mixed colors
- 4 small red onions, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coarse salt
- Whisk together garlic, turmeric, coriander, cumin, oregano, 4 tablespoons olive oil, lemon juice, and mint in a small bowl. Add lamb. Toss to coat; refrigerate, covered, for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Thread 4 cubes of lamb, alternating with tomatoes and onion, on each of 8 skewers. Brush with some of the remaining olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange skewers, off direct heat, on a medium-hot grill. Grill, rotating skewers and brushing with olive oil as necessary to prevent sticking, until lamb is cooked through but pink inside, about 8 minutes, depending on heat of grill. Vegetables should be soft. Serve with condiments.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.