Crispy Ginger-Lime Chicken Thighs
These piquant chicken thighs are flipped halfway through cooking for even results. Stuffing the curry mixture under the skin flavors the meat.
Everyday Food, March 2008
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 1 tablespoon finely grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 4 scallions, minced
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- Heat broiler, with rack set 4 inches from heat. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil; set aside. In a small bowl, combine ginger, lime juice, curry powder, scallions, 1 teaspoon salt, and teaspoon pepper.
- Arrange chicken on prepared baking sheet; season with salt and pepper. Gently loosen skin from each piece of chicken. Dividing evenly, rub ginger mixture under skin.
- Turn thighs, skin side down, on baking sheet. Broil about 5 minutes. Flip thighs, skin side up, and continue to broil until skin is crisp and an instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part of thighs (avoiding bone) registers 165 degrees, 6 to 8 minutes more. Serve chicken drizzled with pan juices.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.