Grilled Tuscan Chicken with Rosemary and Lemon
Basting the chicken with lemon juice while it's on the grill gives it a tangy taste. For the marinade, steeping the rosemary in hot water intensifies the flavor of the herb.
Everyday Food, July/August 2003
- Prep Time 35 minutes
- Total Time 1 hour
- Yield Serves 4
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary or 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- Salt and pepper
- 1 chicken (3 1/2 to 4 pounds), cut into 8 or 10 serving pieces
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Heat grill to medium. In a small saucepan, bring 1/3 cup water and rosemary to a boil; remove from heat, cover, and let steep 5 minutes. Transfer to a blender. Add oil and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Puree until smooth; let cool.
- Combine chicken and rosemary oil in a shallow dish or resealable plastic bag, and turn to coat. Cover, and let marinate at least 15 minutes at room temperature or overnight in the refrigerator, turning chicken occasionally.
- Remove chicken from marinade; place on grill. Discard marinade. Cook, basting frequently with lemon juice and turning as needed to prevent burning, until cooked throughout, 20 to 30 minutes. Serve with Grilled Zucchini and Squash.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.