Baked Apricots with Almond Topping
A simple dessert features the winning combination of apricots and almonds. Other stone fruit, such as peaches or nectarines, can be substituted, but they may take longer to bake.
This recipe is also featured in "Martha Stewart's Dinner at Home."
Photography: Kirsten Strecker
Martha Stewart Living
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 30 minutes
- Serves 4
- 4 1/2 teaspoons unsalted butter, softened, plus more for dish
- 1/4 cup whole almonds, skin on
- 3 tablespoons packed light-brown sugar
- 6 apricots, peeled, halved, and pitted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Butter a 9-inch square baking dish. Process almonds and brown sugar in a food processor until almonds are finely chopped. Add butter; process until just combined.
- Place apricot halves, cut sides up, in buttered baking dish. Cover top of each apricot half with almond mixture. Bake until apricots are soft and almond mixture is deep golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer 3 apricot halves to each serving plate. Serve warm.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.