Any other ripe fruit, such as peaches or raspberries, can be substituted for the strawberries.
Healthy Calcium-Rich Menu
Photography: Lisa Hubbard
Martha Stewart Living, May 2001
Yield Makes 4 eight-ounce smoothies
- 1 1/2 cups (12 ounces) plain fat-free yogurt
- 3 to 4 bananas, peeled, cut into chunks
- 14 ounces strawberries, stems removed, roughly chopped to equal 3 cups
- 1/4 cup skim milk or soy milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup ice
- Gradually add all ingredients to the jar of a blender; puree until smooth. Serve.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.