Potato Chips with Malt Vinegar
Oven-roasted golden potato chips make a fine substitute for the deep-fried kind.
Martha Stewart Living, May 2003
- 4 medium Yukon gold or red potatoes, scrubbed (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Malt vinegar, for drizzling
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Place two baking sheets in the oven, and let heat for about 10 minutes.
- Slice the potatoes into 1/4-inch-thick rounds. Toss the potatoes with the olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Remove baking sheets from oven, and arrange potato slices on sheets in a single layer. Bake until the potatoes are golden on the bottom side, about 30 minutes. Turn potatoes over, and bake until golden brown all over, about another 15 minutes. Remove from oven, drizzle with vinegar, and serve immediately.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.