- 32 chocolate wafer cookies (about 8 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Coarse salt
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries (6 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 350. In a food processor, combine cookies, sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Process until very fine crumbs form. Add butter and pulse until mixture just comes together. Press crumbs firmly into a 9-inch fluted tart pan with a removable bottom. Place on a baking sheet and bake until crust is dry and set, 20 minutes. Let cool.
- In a large bowl, combine chocolate and pinch of salt. In a small saucepan, bring cream to a bare simmer over medium-high. Immediately pour cream over chocolate and let stand 1 minute. Stir gently until chocolate melts and mixture is completely smooth. Pour chocolate into cooled tart shell and refrigerate until set, 30 minutes. To serve, remove tart from pan and scatter raspberries on top.
Use a flat-bottomed 1-cup measure to press the cookies firmly into the tart pan. You can substitute graham crackers for the chocolate wafers.