Serve this Italian dipping sauce warm with raw vegetables; to keep it warm, place it in a fondue pot or a ramekin crock set over a votive candle.
Martha Stewart Living, March 1995
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 10 flat anchovy fillets, finely minced
- Combine oil and butter in a small saucepan, and place pan over medium-low heat. Cook until butter has melted and is foamy, about 8 minutes. Reduce heat to low.
- Add garlic, and simmer 1 minute more, being careful garlic doesn't brown.
- Add anchovies, and whisk until they have melted, about 5 minutes. Remove pan from heat. Transfer sauce to a bowl; serve.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.