Alfred Portale makes this vinaigrette to dress his pear salad at Gotham Bar and Grill in New York City.
Martha Stewart Living, February 1999
- 3 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a medium bowl, whisk together vinegar and mustard. Gradually whisk in the walnut oil until emulsified. Season with salt and pepper. Cover, and refrigerate until ready to use. Before using, whisk well. Store in an airtight container, refrigerated, up to 1 day.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.