Roasted Salmon with Lemon Relish
This relish would also be good on roast chicken, or pork, or even as a topping for steamed broccoli.
Everyday Food, May 2006
- Prep Time 25 minutes
- Total Time 25 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Slivered zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 4 skinless salmon fillets, (6 ounces each)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 ounces baby spinach (about 5 cups), loosely packed
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spread pine nuts on a rimmed baking sheet; toast in oven, tossing occasionally, until lightly golden, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from sheet, and reserve.
- Meanwhile, place raisins and lemon zest in a small bowl; cover with boiling water. Set aside.
- Place salmon fillets on the baking sheet used in step 1; season with salt and pepper. Roast until salmon is opaque throughout, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, drain and discard liquid from raisins and lemon zest. Return raisins and zest to bowl; add lemon juice, pine nuts, parsley, and oil. Season with salt and pepper; stir to combine.
- Dividing evenly, make a bed of spinach on each of four plates, place salmon fillet on spinach; spoon lemon relish over the top.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.